Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More Mom Funnies

On Monday night, we were planning on hitting a BBQ for a friend's 40th birthday. Mom came home from tending Jack and said, "How about we take your car?"

I paused for a second and thought it through . . . what could be the motive . . .

A HA!

"Is your car out of gas?"

Silence.

Then she busted up laughing. "I just think it would be nice to take your car."

Mom HATES filling her car with gas. Thinks it's such a waste of time, so stupid, and THAT's the reason why she almost got a hybrid--not because it'd be good for the environment; no, because it'd mean fewer trips to the gas station!

The other funny from getting ready to go to the party: "I hate gifts." Now that's not quite Jo-level ("I HATE friends! I HATE fun!"), but it's getting up there.

3 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

LoL, I love that I can just hear your mom saying that! To her credit, though, I also hate hitting the gas station. It really is such a pain. I'd be all for a car that you can plug in at night like you do a cell phone. :)

IzeOfLight said...

Ha ha! Now, see, that'd work, except my mom would be *horrible* at remembering to plug in the car at night. "I hate batteries. I hate plugging things in. Why can't they just work all the time?" It took about two years for her to remember to a) take her cell phone with her when she left the house, and b) have it on while she was out. "Well, if I need to talk to someone I'll turn it on!" Now it's a tricky thing remembering to plug it in . . .

Wendy McMillan said...

It's even funnier because you two have almost the same exact car. She just needs to work on developing a better poker face.

P.S. I love my hybrid!!