Wednesday, October 22, 2008

YES on Prop 8!

I was thrilled to send in my absentee ballot last week, complete with my Yes on Prop 8 box perfectly filled in. I've even had fun calling for the campaign, at times (other times haven't been nearly as fun). It hasn't always been easy, with one of my best friends being gay, and some neighbors of ours being a lesbian couple (Kobe plays with their two Labs and jumps in their pool whenever they give him the green light). But I feel very strongly in supporting Prop 8.

I've been completely and totally blown away by a few folks in my singles ward here, seeing how they have put themselves behind this campaign and pressed on like no other, aligning themselves entirely where the Brethren have asked. They've inspired me, and I hope I can muster up the physical and mental energy in this last week and a half to become a little closer to where they are. Thanks, girls. You know who you are.

Also, check out: Preserving Marriage for California's Children

1 comment:

Tara said...

YEs on prop 8! You are awesome!!