I've been sick since Sunday. Not so much fun. So, in an effort to make healing as easy on my body as possible, I've essentially been vegan since Saturday night: green smoothies, Living Fuel (powdered super food, not unlike green smoothies, that you blend with water, the stuff Brooke once said she wanted to try when we were roommates, but couldn't bring herself to--I never had to worry about roommates taking my food), and apples and tangerines are really all I've eaten.
While I'm really craving some Chipotle, I gotta say it's not all bad. Heaven knows I won't maintain this one bit when I'm over this blasted cold, but good to know I won't shrivel up and die if I don't eat my beloved barbacoa or pepperjack cheese or something else yummy for four days.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ew.
Just...ew... I never could get on board with the green smoothie thing. It's just...ew...
But I hope it helps you feel better. You'll probably get better soon because all of the bacteria or whatever will run away from all of the healthiness of your diet.
My illness is probably thriving on the Cafe Rio I had for lunch. Sigh.
Feel better!
Oh sweetheart! I had a lack-of-sleep-induced sore throat but it's not the same as really being sick. But I know how it feels to only eat certain things. For me it's apples, bananas, and grapes.
P.S. This is Wendy. It's not letting me sign in with my google account.
Oh sweetheart! I had a lack-of-sleep-induced sore throat but it's not the same as really being sick. But I know how it feels to only eat certain things. For me it's apples, bananas, and grapes.
I totally knew it was you, Wendy, when you called me Sweetheart--yay! =) So sorry for the lack-of-sleep-induced sore throat. Next time I see you, remind me to give you some Angiplex for such occasions. It's a lifesaver. Not a Lifesaver(tm), but a lifesaver. Like medicine medicine, but not.
Apples, bananas, and grapes? Yum.
Liz, it's really not all bad; you might be surprised if you were to try one. And you could, in less than two weeks, you know. =) Hey, you know I'm never going to criticize eating Cafe Rio. Did I tell you they were out of the coconut shrimp tacos the last Tuesday I was there? I wanted to cry.
Thanks, Maggie!
Out of coconut shrimp tacos? Didn't they know you were coming?!?!? I mean, you're basically the reason why they built that store in that location. The least they could do is show a bit of respect...
I hate it when I've been looking forward to something like that and then I can't get it--such a let down!
Seriously. The letting down of the taste buds is a horrible, horrible thing.
Post a Comment